Music Director: Lü Jia
Conductor Laureate: CHEN Zuohuang
China NCPA Orchestra is the resident orchestra of the National Centre for the Performing Arts (NCPA), Beijing. Established in March 2010, the orchestra performs in more than thirty opera productions presented by its home venue every year as well as in regular orchestral concerts in its own season.
Artists associated with the orchestra included Zubin Mehta, Valery Gergiev, Myung-Whun Chung, Fabio Luisi, Christoph Eschenbach, Shao-Chia Lü, Xian Zhang, Rudolf Buchbinder, Lang Lang, Stephen Kovacevich, Yuja Wang, Jian Wang, Gautier Capucon, Kyung Wha Chung, Vadim Repin, Placido Domingo, Renee Fleming, and Leo Nucci among many others. Lorin Maazel worked closely with the orchestra before his passing and praised the musicians for their “amazing professionalism and great passion in music”.
The orchestra has gained critical acclaim for its performances in NCPA’s opera productions of not only classical repertoire such as Tristan and Isolde, Der Rosenkavalier, Tosca and Aida, but also newly commissioned works like The Rickshaw Boy, The Long March, and The Jinsha River. In its own orchestral concert season, it has consistently presented creative and diverse programmes. Their performance of Ring without Words with its creator, Lorin Maazel, was released on SONY Classics worldwide. The orchestra also gave the Chinese premieres of works by Toru Takemitsu, et al, commissioned and world premiered many works by Michael Gordon, Augusta Read Thomas, CHEN Qigang, ZHAO Jiping, et al.
The NCPA Orchestra has flexed its wings on the international stage, receiving widespread international praise for its performances at the Kissingen Summer Music Festival and the Schleswig-Holstein Musik Festival and concerts in many cities in Germany, as well as in Sydney, Singapore, Seoul, Daegu, Abu Dhabi, Taipei and Macau. The orchestra undertook its first North American tour in 2014 and the revisiting tour in 2017, where it performed at Carnegie Hall, Chicago Symphony Center, Davies Symphony Hall and other major venues in the US and Canada, under the baton of LÜ Jia. Musical America praised its “joyful confidence and youthful strength”. Concerto Net described it as “a polished, first rate ensemble”.
1. Principal：French Horn, Timpani;
2. Associate Principal：Cello, Double Bass, Bassoon, Trumpet;
3. Tutti：Violin, Viola, Cello, Percussion.
Date: July 2nd – 3rd, 2020
Location: NCPA, Beijing, China
Deadline of Application: June 28th, 2020
1. Applicants should be of sound character and possess good professional ethics, performing experiences with a professional orchestra is required.
2. Able to rehearse and communicate with others in English.
1. Members in the China NCPA Orchestra are engaged under full-time contracts; Employment to commence based upon orchestra's arrangement and the successful applicant's availability.
2. Musicians shall play on their own instruments, while China NCPA Orchestra will bear a certain amount of the cost of consumables.
3. Apart from the subscription performances, musicians shall play in outreach / educational performances, chamber music concerts and recordings.
Please send following documents via email (email@example.com
) in advance, please put “Applied position + Name” in the subject field of the email.
2. Copies of ID card / Passport, graduation certificates, diplomas, award certificates and other professional certificates (if any).
1. Solo Repertoire: Please refer to “List of Solo piece and orchestral experts”. Content should be exactly as per requirements and set list. Please note that failure adhere to the requirements may result in disqualification.
The Audition Committee of China NCPA Orchestra reserves the right to reject any candidate it deems unsuitable. All information pertains to the auditions will be sent by e-mail to the applicants.